Acworth, Georgia Truck Accident Lawyers
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Traffic Safety, in 2015, there were 1,430 traffic fatalities in Georgia alone. In addition to the number of fatalities, there were another 19,405 serious injury accidents in the state. Some of the accidents that result in the greatest number of fatalities and serious injuries are truck accidents. Due to their sheer size, and due to the fact that they take much longer to stop than typical vehicles, trucks can cause far more damage than a typical passenger vehicle. These accidents can be far more serious than passenger vehicle accidents. While victims and their families are entitled to seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages after these accidents, the claims process can sometimes be more complex. A truck driver may not be the only person responsible for your crash. Trucks may be owned by another company. Shipping agencies may be involved. The truck company may also hold high value insurance policies to protect the driver and the company should an accident occur. An Acworth, Georgia truck accident lawyer, like Imbriale Injury Law understands the unique complexity of truck accident claims. Our firm can review the factors leading to your accident, identify all stakeholders involved, and fight to help you get the maximum possible claim permitted under the law. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck crash in Acworth, Georgia, you may only have a limited amount of time to take action. Speak to Imbriale Injury Law, an Acworth, Georgia truck accident lawyer today.
What Factors Will My Truck Accident Lawyer Consider When Making a Claim in Acworth, Georgia?
The trucking industry is big business. According to Logistics Management, the trucking industry grossed $700.4 billion in 2014 alone. This is more money than some oil companies make in a given year. Because the truck industry is such big business, when an accident occurs, your truck accident lawyer will need to take many factors into account. The trucking industry is regulated by federal and local laws. When truck companies break these laws, serious accidents can occur. What factors will your truck accident lawyer need to consider when making a claim? Here are some questions the Acworth, Georgia truck accident attorneys at Imbriale Injury Law will ask:
- How long was your driver working the day the accident occurred? The law sets limits on how long a truck driver can work a given shift before taking a break. Truck drivers are limited to working an 11-hour shift before they can take a break. If you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident in Acworth, Georgia, your attorney will review the truck driver’s logs and shipping schedules to determine whether the driver was following federal hours of service regulations. Sometimes truck drivers falsify their logs. Fortunately, the truck accident attorneys at Imbriale Injury Law can review shipping schedules, toll payments, and other types of evidence to determine whether your driver was exceeding the federally-mandated limits on hours of service.
- How much weight was the truck carrying at the time of the accident? Truck companies are limited in how much weight their trucks can carry. When trucks carry more weight than they are permitted, the truck can topple over or the breaks can fail. A qualified truck accident attorney in Acworth, Georgia can look at shipping and delivery logs for each truck to determine whether the company that owns your truck overloads its vehicles. Overloaded vehicles pose a serious hazard to other drivers on the road.
- When was the truck last maintained or repaired? Truck companies have a responsibility to maintain their vehicles and keep equipment in working order. Tires must be regularly replaced and brakes must be checked. When truck companies try to protect their bottom lines by cutting corners, accidents can happen. A blown-out tire can result in a situation where a truck driver can lose control of his or her vehicle. Truck companies may sometimes place used tires on their trucks to save money, but this can be a deadly mistake. Brakes can also fail with dangerous consequences. Trucks should be regularly maintained and repaired to prevent these situations from arising.
- When did the driver last receive a medical screening? Drivers are required to pass regular medical screenings. There are certain types of medical conditions that can interfere with a driver’s ability to do his or her job. Some types of prescription drugs can interfere with your driver’s ability to remain alert. Imbriale Injury Law are truck accident lawyers in Acworth, Georgia who can review your driver’s medical records, prescription drug use, and past criminal activity to determine whether your driver’s health or drug use could have played a role in your accident.
- What is the truck company’s policy on cell phone use? Truck companies should have a zero-tolerance policy for cell phone use. Distracted driving has been cited as one of the reasons why the number of accidents has been increasing in recent years. A qualified truck accident attorney in Acworth, Georgia like Imbriale Injury Law can identify problems with a truck company’s policy on cell phone use. Our firm may also be able to gather evidence to determine whether distracted driving may have played a role in your crash.
- Was the driver abiding by Acworth city ordinances? There are certain laws and regulations that truck drivers and truck companies must follow in Acworth, Georgia. For example, there are laws that regulate where vehicles can be parked. Vehicles are not permitted to obstruct traffic, block private entrances, or be left unattended. Trucks must hold valid licensure and maintain their vehicles in accordance with Georgia laws. Imbriale Injury Law are truck accident attorneys in Acworth, Georgia who understand local ordinances and who can review the truck company or driver’s actions to determine whether they were in violation of the law.
There are many factors that must be considered when making a truck accident claim. These are just a few of them. Imbriale Injury Law are truck accident attorneys in Acworth, Georgia who work closely with victims and families to help them seek justice after a truck accident. Truck companies have a responsibility to maintain their vehicles, vet their drivers, and drivers are required to drive safely. When truck companies or drivers fail to abide by the law, accidents can occur. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident, you may have certain rights. Contact Imbriale Injury Law today.
Seek Justice for Your Truck Accident in Acworth, Georgia
If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident in Acworth, Georgia, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Imbriale Injury Law are truck accident attorneys in Acworth, Georgia who understand the legal process that must be followed to help victims and families seek the damages they may deserve. You and your loved ones may be entitled to receive compensation to cover medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Visit our firm today to protect your rights and hold truck companies accountable. Truck companies may have teams of lawyers working on their side. You need Imbriale Injury Law fighting for you.