If you’ve suffered a broken bone injury in a car accident, truck accident, DUI accident, motorcycle accident, or while at the job, Imbriale Injury Law may be able to help you. While most broken bones can heal with time, they can seriously impact your life in many ways. You may have to miss time from work, or you may face high medical expenses as a result of emergency room visits, surgery, or follow-up medical care. Some individuals may even require rehabilitation following a broken bone to regain range of motion following an accident. Imbriale Injury Law are personal injury attorneys who assist individuals who have been hurt in car accidents, truck accidents, DUI crashes, motorcycle crashes, and while on the job. Contact our firm today to learn more about your rights and options under the law. Our attorneys may be able to help you seek compensation from negligent parties or we may be able to negotiate with insurance adjusters to help you get the best possible settlement permitted under the law.
Common Car Accident Fractures
If you’ve suffered a fracture or a broken bone in a car accident, you may be facing weeks off your feet or weeks in a cast. If your fracture was serious, you may need additional rehabilitative care following your injury. What are some common fractures seen in car accidents?
- Fractures to the hands, wrist, elbow, and arms. Your first instinct in a crash might be to put your arms in front of you to prevent your body from impacting a dashboard or the seat. However, with speed, this can put a great deal of force on the arms, wrist, hands, and elbow, resulting in fractures. Some of the most serious fractures can occur around a joint, like the elbow. In some cases, individuals might need surgery. Injuries to the joints may require long-term rehabilitation after a cast is removed.
- Crushed bones. Truck crashes can result in crushing injuries. The sheer size and weight of these vehicles can result in devastating injuries when trucks crash into cars.
- Leg Fractures. The lower leg or the upper leg can be fractured in a car or truck accident. The most serious kind of leg fracture can occur when the femur is broken near the knee or where the femur meets the hip. Individuals may need surgery or extensive rehabilitative care for this type of fracture.
- Broken Ribs. If your body collides with an airbag with enough force, you can suffer a broken rib. When the body is restrained by a seat belt, this can also result in a broken rib if your body hits the seat belt. A broken rib can be a very serious injury because the splinters of bone can penetrate the lungs or damage major blood vessels near the heart. Cracked ribs can also be incredibly painful and can result in complications like pneumonia. If you have suffered broken or cracked ribs in a car accident, you may be entitled to seek damages for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact Imbriale Injury Law, Marietta, Georgia personal injury lawyers today to learn more.
- Hip Fractures. Hip fractures can be among the most serious kind of fracture injury a person can experience. It can lead to mobility issues and can lead to serious pain. Individuals may require surgery and a long course of physical therapy after this kind of injury. Some may require a hip replacement surgery in order to repair the broken hip. After fracturing a hip, some patients may experience mobility problems that can result in permanent disability.
- Pelvis Fractures. Individuals can shatter or break the pelvis in motorcycle crashes. These types of fractures, like hip fractures, can result in permanent disability, problems with mobility, or may require long periods of rehabilitation.
- Spinal Fractures. Spinal fractures can be one of the most serious injuries a person can experience, because if the broken bones sever or damage the spinal cord, individuals can suffer paralysis and lose motion below the site of injury. If you have suffered this type of injury, Imbriale Injury Law are serious accident personal injury lawyers who may be able to help you seek the damages and compensation you may deserve.
- Skull Fractures. Individuals can fracture their skull or face when their head impacts a steering wheel, seat, or dash. Skull fractures can sometimes also accompany other serious injuries, like traumatic brain injury.
- Clavicle Fracture. The clavicle is a very delicate bone that helps the arms to move. When the clavicle is fractured, individuals may not be able to move their arms properly. This can result in missed days from work and inability to perform basic life tasks. Even individuals with desk jobs may not be able to perform tasks as simple as typing.
- Compound Fractures. Compound fractures result when the bone is broken in more than one place. In some cases, the bone may even break through the skin. This can be a serious injury because when a bone breaks through the skin in this fashion, individuals can be at risk of infection.
- Compression Fractures. In truck or motorcycle accidents where the bones are crushed or compacted, compression fractures can occur.
- Fractures around joints. Fractures around any of your body’s joints are very serious because they can result in loss of stability around the joint. Some joint fractures can result in loss of range of motion, even after the fracture has healed.
If you’ve suffered a serious fracture in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or while on the job, you may be entitled to seek damages for your lost wages, medical costs, pain and suffering, and rehabilitation costs. Imbriale Injury Law is a car accident lawyer in Marietta, Georgia who can help you seek damages for your losses and who can help you negotiate with insurance companies to get the best possible settlement permitted under the law. Contact our firm today to learn more.
Protect Your Rights
If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Marietta, Georgia, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim for your broken bone injury. Contact Imbriale Injury Law, personal injury attorneys in Marietta, Georgia today. Our firm can fight to help you seek the compensation and justice you may deserve.