If you’ve been in a car accident in Canton, Georgia, you may have many questions and concerns. You might have questions about insurance settlements, the value of your claim, and whether you can seek damages from negligent parties. Imbriale Injury Law are Canton, Georgia car accident attorneys who may be able to help you navigate the aftermath of your crash. The answers below are meant to be informative. Every car accident case is unique and nothing can replace having a conversation with Imbriale Injury Law, a car accident attorney in Canton, Georgia.
- Do I need a car accident lawyer in Canton, Georgia? If you were involved in a minor car accident and are happy with the settlement your insurance company is offering, and there were no injuries, you may not need the assistance of a car accident lawyer. Not all car accident cases need an attorney to resolve them. However, if you were seriously injured, if you are having difficulty getting the settlement you believe you deserve from insurance companies, or if another party was negligent in your accident and you believe he or she should compensate you for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, Imbriale Injury Law are car accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia who may be able to assist you.
- Do I have a case? You may be entitled to seek damages if another driver or party was negligent for your car accident in Canton, Georgia. Under Georgia’s comparative negligence law, you must show that you were less than 50% responsible for the accident. When drivers get behind the wheel in Georgia, they should be sober, should put down their cell phones, and have a responsibility to follow the law. Imbriale Injury Law are Canton, Georgia car accident attorneys who can review police reports, review witness accounts, and look at other details to determine who may have been at fault for your accident.
- How much is my case worth? The value of your claim will depend on many factors including the cost of your medical expenses and rehabilitation fees, how long you’ve had to miss from work, the seriousness of your injuries, and how much a role you may have played in the crash. Imbriale Injury Law are car accident lawyers in Canton, Georgia who can review your case and use special formulas to estimate the value of your claim.
- What should I do after a car accident in Canton, Georgia? If you’ve been in a car accident in Canton, Georgia, you should call the police to make a police report, make sure everyone is safe, and seek medical attention right away. Even if you think you might not have been hurt, some injuries can take days or weeks before they become apparent. Traumatic brain injury, whiplash, and post-traumatic stress disorder following a car accident may not appear right away. You should also contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident.
- What should I do if my insurance company doesn’t cover the cost of my damages? Insurance adjusters sometimes use formulas or estimates when determining the value of a claim. Adjusters may call you to ask for a statement. If you don’t believe you are receiving the recovery you may deserve from insurance adjusters, ask that your insurance company correspond with you in writing and consider reaching out to Imbriale Injury Law, a car accident lawyer in Canton, Georgia. Our firm can look over insurance policies and present adjusters with relevant information so that you can get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
- Will my case need to go to court? Most car accident claims can be settled outside of court. However, it helps to have an attorney who is willing to take insurance companies or negligent parties to court, if necessary. Imbriale Injury Law are car accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia who can review the details and facts of your case and help you understand your roadmap forward.
- What should I bring to my first meeting with my car accident attorney? Bring as much information about the accident that you have. This includes any medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, pay stubs so that your attorney can calculate lost wages, photos of the accident scene, medical diagnoses, contact information for negligent parties, insurance information (and any correspondence you may have from your insurance company), and police reports. Imbriale Injury Law are car accident attorneys in Canton, Georgia who can review this information and help you gather any additional documentation, if needed.
- How long will my case take to settle? Every case is unique and the length of time it will take to settle your case will depend on your circumstances. Some cases can be settled quickly through negotiation, while others may need to go to trial.
- How long do I have to make a claim? In Georgia, you have up to two years to file a personal injury claim in court. However, you should not wait this long to speak to a lawyer after an accident. Contact Imbriale Injury Law, car accident lawyers in Canton, Georgia today to learn more.
- Can Imbriale Injury Law help me? Our law firm works closely with victims and families who have suffered due to the negligence or neglect of another driver or party. If you have been in a car accident, consider speaking to our Canton, Georgia car accident lawyers today.
The aftermath of a car accident can be confusing and stressful. The compassionate and caring lawyers at Imbriale Injury Law may be able to help you seek damages for your losses after a crash, so that you can focus on what matters—healing and caring for your family. Contact us today to learn more.