If you’ve been in an accident in Canton, Georgia, you might be experiencing pain as a result of your injuries. While most pain following an accident subsides as the body heals, some individuals end up suffering from chronic pain following car or truck accidents. Some kinds of injuries, like back or neck injuries, can leave individuals suffering from chronic pain that can be difficult to treat. Other individuals suffer from psychological pain following a truck accident. If you have been experiencing pain after a truck accident, Amanda Hall Injury Law are personal injury lawyers in Canton, Georgia who may be able to assist you with making a claim. Our firm may be able to negotiate with insurance adjusters to help you get the settlement you may deserve and may be able to help you seek damages from negligent parties. Making claims for pain and suffering damages can sometimes be more complex because pain isn’t always visible. However, pain is real and the law offers individuals the ability to seek damages for their losses, including for their pain and suffering losses.
Pain can interfere with your ability to make it to work. It can impact your ability to care for your children and your family. It can also interfere with your ability to engage in regular life activities. If you have been hurt in a car or truck accident due to another person’s negligence or neglect, consider speaking to Amanda Hall Injury Law, personal injury lawyers in Canton, Georgia today. Our attorneys may be able to help you make an insurance claim, or seek damages from negligent parties.
Chronic Pain Treatment Options
When it comes to treating and managing chronic pain following a car or truck accident, every patient is unique. Pain isn’t always visible and it may not always be traceable to a clear source in the body. Back and neck pain can be difficult to treat for this reason. If you have been suffering from pain in your back or neck following a car or truck accident, you may have a range of treatment options available to you. What are they?
- Physical Therapy. Physical therapy is a great way to manage pain without the need for prescription pain medication. A trained physical therapist can help you perform exercises and stretches that can strengthen muscles and alleviate pain. Exercise is an excellent way to treat and manage pain because exercise triggers the release of the body’s natural endorphins. While some patients might be eager to begin exercising as soon as possible after suffering an injury in an accident, it is important to ease back into physical exertion and to do it in a manner that won’t exacerbate injuries. If you are considering physical therapy, but are concerned about being able to afford it, you may have the right to seek damages from negligent parties or a settlement from your insurance company. Amanda Hall Injury Law are personal injury attorneys in Canton, Georgia who may be able to assist you today.
- While some patients might be prescribed pain medicine to take in the days and weeks following a serious injury, it may not be safe to take pain medicine long-term. Even some kinds of over-the-counter pain medicine can create health issues when taken over a long period of time. However, if you are suffering from serious pain due to a burn injury, strain, sprain, or other injury, you may be given pain medicine to take while your injury is healing. It is important to discuss the potential risks and side effects before taking any prescription or non-prescription painkillers.
- Electrical Stimulation. Spinal cord stimulation and TENS therapy are devices that are implanted in the body and send out signals that can interfere with the body’s pain signals. These therapies can reduce pain in some patients who have been resistant to other kinds of less-invasive therapies.
- Alternative Therapies. Therapies like chiropractic care, massage therapy, and other modalities of care may be able to help some patients who are suffering from chronic pain following a car or truck accident. While the research on this kind of treatment is mixed, some patients are able to see results. In some cases, insurance may not cover pain management using alternative therapies. If you have been hurt in a car or truck accident and are suffering from pain following a crash, you may have the right to seek damages from negligent parties to cover alternative pain management therapies. Amanda Hall Injury Law are personal injury attorneys in Canton, Georgia who may be able to assist you.
- A person’s reaction to pain can sometimes increase the perception of pain. Meditation and mindfulness techniques can teach individuals how to sit with pain and manage it.
- Research indicates that acupuncture can help patients who are suffering from pain. The needles used during acupuncture treatments can release endorphins, allowing the body’s natural chemicals to alleviate and treat pain.
These are just some of the pain management options that may be available to individuals suffering from chronic pain following a car or truck accident. Getting quality rehabilitative treatment can make a world of difference. However, certain pain management treatments may not be covered by insurance, and sometimes individuals face difficulty when making insurance claims. If you or a loved one have been hurt in an accident in Canton, Georgia and have questions about your rights, contact Amanda Hall Injury Law, personal injury lawyers, today.
Making a Pain and Suffering Damages Claim in Canton, Georgia
Pain and suffering damages claims can be complicated because there may not be actual medical bills for these kinds of damages. However, pain and suffering damages should not be ignored. Individuals might experience major disruptions to their daily lives as a result of pain following a car or truck accident. Amanda Hall Injury Law are personal injury lawyers in Canton, Georgia who can use special formulas to help you estimate the value of your pain and suffering damages. Individuals who have suffered more serious injuries may be entitled to receive larger settlements. When making a claim with insurance, it can be helpful to understand what your claim might be worth. Amanda Hall Injury Law may be able to assist you with this process.