Woodstock Burn Injury Attorneys
Representing Injury Victims with 25+ Years’ Combined Experience
Suffering a burn injury can be one of the most painful experiences—as well as costly. Burn injuries can result in extensive medical attention and procedures. The healing process can take a very long time, putting the victims in a crippling position. If you or a loved one has endured severe burns in a car accident, workplace explosion, building fire, or any other situation, do not hesitate to reach out to the team at (678) 445-7423.
Causes of Burn Injuries
Burns may occur in a range of different incidents. The most common include vehicle fires, structural fires, explosions, fuel-fed fires, and industrial fires.
Burn injuries can also be caused by the following:
- Electrical burns due to defective products or machinery
- Chemical burns
- Vapor burns in the eyes
- Radiation burns due to a defective medical device
- Thermal burns due to steam / hot liquid
If your burn injuries were caused by any of these issues or a related incident, we encourage you to speak with our Woodstock personal injury attorneys as soon as possible.
Understanding Varying Burn Degrees
There are several different degrees of burns that an individual may suffer from. These range depending on the severity and damage involved.
- In a first degree burn, a person’s outer layer of skin may be damaged, with redness and swelling surrounding the area.
- In a second degree burn, the epidermis may be burned through, with the second layer having blisters, swelling, and severe pain.
- A third-degree burn is often considered one of the worst, resulting in damage all the way to the underlying tissue. This severity of burn can cause damage to tendons, muscle tissue, and even bones.
Depending on the severity, you may suffer serious complications such as scarring, infection, organ damage, nerve damage, and other issues. In addition to burn injuries, victims may suffer medical complications due to smoke inhalation.
Don’t wait to get a trusted Woodstock personal injury attorney on your side! We fight for real justice and maximum compensation. (678) 445-7423